Non-League Football Forum

www.nonleagueforum.co.uk

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Important Announcement - Please Read: Use the proper address for using the site now: www.nonleagueforum.co.uk - The forum will have access problems if you use the old 'www.barrowafc.net/conf' anymore. Please change all bookmarks/links etc to the proper domain.

#1 2012-01-31 13:06:31

romulusfc
Take it as intended
Website

#2 2012-01-31 14:01:55

Mole

Re: Marvin Johnson seals move to Kidderminster Harriers

Good player.

#3 2012-01-31 14:55:26

leethall
Waiting for the AGM Cup

romulusfc wrote:

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/romulus/news/marvin-johnson-seals-move-to-k-498816.html

How much? Where did the original post with my reply go you fooker?!?!

#4 2012-02-01 05:50:50

romulusfc
Take it as intended
Website

ROMULUS’ star striker Marvin Johnson finally secured his move from Coles Lane this week, signing a full-time 18-month contract with Blue Square Bet Premier club Kidderminster Harriers.

Johnson, 21, had trialled with Championship club Burnley in December and completed his transfer for an undisclosed fee on deadline day, despite late interest from Crewe Alexandra of League Two.

The Roms top scorer with 16 league goals is believed to have signed as a winger for the Harriers, though he has the ability to play up front or at left back, the position he trialled for at Burnley.

Johnson said: “I am happy for the opportunity to push myself on – Kidderminster have offered me a decent package and it is good for me to be able to play football full-time.

“There were rumours flying everywhere about different clubs who were interested, and I wasn’t 100% I was going at one stage.

“I am little was a bit disappointed about not signing for Burnley, but it was a great experience and I came back a more confident, better player – hopefully this move will be another step towards the Football League.

“I just want to get my head down and enjoy my football – I went for a week’s trial at Kidderminster back in September and I liked the training. It was much sharper which suits me because I prefer to play at a higher tempo - I can’t wait to get started.”

Romulus boss Richard Evans admitted Johnson will be hard to replace, but said he simply couldn’t stand in the player’s way.

Evans said: “I’m pleased for the club because it shows young lads that they stand a chance of being spotted.

“We are patient with good young players and they get their chance here – Marvin was released by Solihull Moors less than 18 months ago – where he is now is testament to the player’s quality and attitude, but also the standard of coaching at the club.

“I’m confident that Marvin will move on again soon with the way he has progressed – he’s gone to a good club with our blessing – they [Kidderminster] have had a bit of a steal, though we do have a sell-on clause.

“He’s got a good chance of getting into the Football League by playing at Kidderminster – we’re gutted to see him go in one way, but you can’t help but be pleased for the lad.”

Johnson’s agent, Gino Culbertson, added: “The move was welcome and beneficial for Romulus and the player, and whilst the terms are undisclosed, Romulus will benefit by him being successful in the future too. 

“He is a strong and determined character who won many admirers on his trials at Burnley, and Kidderminster are obviously pleased to have got their man, especially as Crewe made a last minute approach.”

Johnson is ineligible for Saturday’s clash between Harriers and Luton Town in the FA Trophy, but hopes to be part of the squad to face local rivals AFC Telford United and Tamworth next week.

Last edited by romulusfc (2012-02-01 05:52:48)

#5 2012-02-01 08:53:51

birdy_khfc

Cant play saturday but looking forward to seeing him play saturday, managed to keep Matt too. Things looking promising for the run inn

Birmingham Harrier

#6 2012-02-01 09:10:05

romulusfc
Take it as intended
Website

birdy_khfc wrote:

Cant play saturday but looking forward to seeing him play saturday...

Que?

#7 2012-02-01 09:19:45

Moley
X factor judge #2

birdy_khfc wrote:

Things looking promising for the run inn

with the pub trade on it's arse it's good to see things are looking promising for The Run Inn

Fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women: suddenly, inexplicably, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain or disruption it would bring with it.

#8 2012-02-01 09:32:43

Simesy
Grim Reaper 2012
Website

Moley wrote:

birdy_khfc wrote:

Things looking promising for the run inn

with the pub trade on it's arse it's good to see things are looking promising for The Run Inn

+1

Simesy

#9 2012-02-01 12:41:29

leethall
Waiting for the AGM Cup

Fucking agent some lad who playes Evostick South! Absolute joke!!

#10 2012-02-16 01:50:43

birdy_khfc

Scored a hat trick in his first game last night although agaisnt Evesham two were crackers though, one from outside area and a free-kick. Him and Malbon look great signings

Birmingham Harrier

Board footer